I am always looking for ways to get my toddler to eat vegetables. This healthy cucumber recipe is fast and easy to make and he loves it. It’s great during the summer when it’s hot outside.
1 hot house cucumber or 3 Persian cucumbers
¼ tsp chili powder, I prefer New Mexico chili powder
¼ lemon or lime juice
1/8 tsp salt
Mix in bowl let sit 5 minimums and you are ready to serve
Why Eat Cucumbers?
- A good source of vitamin K.
- A source of water, a vital nutrient for the body.
- Eat a cool, crisp cucumber for a thirst-quenching snack.
- Add sliced cucumbers to salads or sandwiches for extra crunch.
- Make a cucumber and tomato pita sandwich.
- Mix sliced cucumbers with vinegar, water, salt, and pepper for a side dish.
- Serve sliced cucumbers with low fat yogurt dip for a healthy snack.
Here are some places to learn more about cucumbers: